We used this 1959 182 fuselage to build the fixture. It was a straight fuselage with no damage we could
find other than age and neglect. At least the hard points were in good shape. The following pics are of a 1957 fuselage that had
been drilled apart and had several skins with dents and holes and some just missing. When
we bolted the '57 up in the fixture, it all fell into place , a perfect fit.
|Started with this in January
|We used this fuselage to build the fixture.
We drilled the cabin roof off to gain access to the spar carry thru's. They were bead blasted, chemically
treated and epoxy primed, then top coated with a white urethane. A new top skin was fabricated and installed. Now we
have a blank canvas for installing the new antennas for the gps and coms and a really clean cabin.
Drilling the forward (clip) from the fuselage gave good access to install the bulkheads needed to mount
the 185 gear legs we bought for this project. Flipping the front mount locator around was an added bonus that came in
real handy to do the work needed on the instrument panel and rudder pedals.